Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Tremors ½: On New Ground

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just so you know, our new project is underway, yay!

    http://www.onnewground.cjb.net

    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Mods

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Mods man I expected more from you. Tremors is one of my fave movies (i just wish the dvd was better)I enjoyed the not quite so great sequel and Im sure Ill watch number 3 when I find it. But why the **** would you want to make a "fan film". Create your own monster and write a movie based around that.

    Im sure you will feel better for it at the end of the day.

    Fan films **** balls. Even the good ones. Why put all that effort into making a movie when its not even your idea to start with. Ive seen some very well done starwars fan films but at the end I cant help thinking with all the time, effort and love put into that production they could have made there own very cool flick. At least then they can show it off as one of there own movies. Not a bit of fan fiction they did.

    Just my opinions mate. Feel free to tell me to go screw a pooch. But I say you write a kick *** monster flick of your own.

    Despin out.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I see nothing wrong with a fan film [img]smile.gif[/img] It may turn out **** , it may turn out good. Either way, Stampede & Universal are in support of the project.

    Mods

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Im not talking about the quality of the production. It could be a fantastic film. Better even that the original movie. But wouldnt it be great if at the end when your showing the film off you new it was your idea. That you created this monster. Plus what if the film is fantastic and it gets an audience. Methinks your mates at Stampede & Universal will have a few words to say the second you start making any kind of money out of there name.

    Despin out.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member zTolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 1999
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The best idead originate from the ideas of others.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Thats what all the people who cant think of their own ideas say.

    Despin out.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member redlum's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2002
    Posts
    203
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dare y'all to write something that doesn't contain any of the following: dick jokes, guns, machine guns...all varieties of weaponary, monsters, zombies, nicked lidies or a camp robot who acts like a real 'drag'.

    I read (dont believe evrything ya read) that there is no point to a film if you cant describe it without discussing plot points.

    Ah screw, just do it - twill be fun. But you think about what I said for your next project. And I'll go back to writing rather than filming. **** .

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Redlum, Static Fear didn't include any of those [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Despin, yeah I'd be up for making my own comedy-horror movie which introduced new monsters. And I gurantee you I will one day. For now, as a die hard fan of Tremors, and with lots of people waiting on this one, I'm just going to make it as an experience. Theres been lots of interest on it and it's made me think that fan sequels aren't that bad. Of course, after I've done this, **** making other fan sequels to other movies. This is a one off, non-career move. And no money is being made from it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Thanks for your comments. PS, I hate post-modernism too!

    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Mods

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    I have no idea what redlum is on about.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Dare y'all to write something that doesn't contain any of the following: dick jokes, guns, machine guns...all varieties of weaponary, monsters, zombies, nicked lidies or a camp robot who acts like a real 'drag'. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I have actually. Many films don't contain any of the stuff you listed above...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •